Garmin Fenix 5 GPS Watch Key Features
- Premium multisport GPS watch with Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology¹
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts
- Connected features² include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™ online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ™ store
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Battery life: up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode or up to 60 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode
Garmin Fenix 5 GPS Watch Price in Kenya
|Starmac Technologies||KSh 53,999.00 Buy Now|
GARMIN FENIX 5: DESIGN
There’s still a colour screen and the visuals look a tad sharper, thanks to the new resolution of 240 x 240, upped from 218 x 218. At first glance you might not notice the colours – they’re used sparingly yet to good effect in screens like heart rate zones and menus.
As you might guess from the design, the Fenix 5 is water resistant to 10ATM, which roughly equates to 100m.
The Fenix comes with a rubber strap as standard, which is interchangeable. We found it comfortable and durable in testing, but it did have an annoying habit of falling out of its buckle loop and flapping about. .
Garmin Fenix 5: Features
Watches don’t come more feature-packed than the Fenix 5, but it’s the sports tracking that steals the show. When you set up for the first time, the Fenix 5 will ask you to choose the activities you wish to have on your menu. The options range from the obvious – running (outdoor, indoor, trail), cycling (indoor, road, mountain bike) and swimming (pool, open water) – to other sports including golf, skiing, triathlon and – get this – even parachuting.
It’s hard to find a sport that the Fenix 5 doesn’t track, and luckily, you can set favourites for a more personalised and focused sports menu. They can be added to at any time from the main menu. We’ve dissected most below for your perusal.
Garmin Fenix 5: Running
Despite the huge array of tracked sports, running is arguably the Fenix 5’s strongest suit. In a way the Fenix 5 brings the best of all Garmin’s disparate specialist watches into one device, so the running data is formidable.